To give the trainees an understanding of Basic First Aid with a strong focus on CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) and use of the AED (Automated External Defibrillator).
On completion of this course the trainee will be able to
- To give pre hospital emergency care
- To preserve life, prevent further injury and to promote recovery
- To know when to administer CPR and use the AED when required
- To identify steps required to deal with a stroke or heart attack
- How to deal with a respiratory blockage
On successful completion the trainee will receive a First Aid Responder Certificate valid for 2 years