As well as having to provide a safe working environment employers also have a duty to provide education and training on safety in the workplace to all employees. Employees have a right to a safe work place but they also have many responsibilities to work with their colleagues and employers to maintain a safe environment. Maintaining a safe and healthy workplace must be viewed as a shared objective of all members of staff and must be encouraged at all levels. Furthermore, the importance and indeed legal obligation of having trained fire wardens and first aiders on site cannot be stressed highly enough.
WHAT IS IT?
- Introduction and explanation of safety systems and procedures.
- Seminars on various aspects of safety in the workplace.
- Manual handling and manual handling instructors training.
WHY IT’S NEEDED
- Safeguarding the future health, and welfare of all employees.
- Prevention of accident or injury – 1.6 billion workdays were lost in 2005 due to occupational injury or illness.
- Protection of the employee’s and company’s future welfare.